Monday, November 23, 2009

16 YEARS!...

16 YEARS--can you believe it? Todd and I said "yes" to this crazy thing called marriage 16 years ago today! Man, has it been a wild ride! This year has been an interesting year, with Todd selling his business, us moving, and him trying to find a new direction and a new career. He has spent more time at home this year than I think the first 5 years of our marriage combined! At first, it was a little unsettling for me to be honest. You see, I had this good thing going--I could do my own thing most of the day, then the kids and I would spend the hour before he got home cleaning frantically, then I would cook dinner, and it looked like I was a great wife--doing nothing but cooking and cleaning for my family most of the day. Well, after staying home for the first month--the gig was up. Todd is in on the fact that I enjoy sitting and blogging, or reading, or running errands, or pretty much anything more than I enjoy cleaning the house. Worse yet, he has found out how much I am late to things, or forget them all together. Man, I do that a LOT! He has also found out that when I complain that I had a "bad day" with the kids--it usually means that I just didn't have a chance to get what I wanted to do that day done--not that they are bad kids. The good thing? He doesn't blame me! He's not much for cooking or cleaning either--thank goodness. Not that our house is a pit--it's not. But cleaning at the end of the day suits us just fine, and we can spend most of the day doing things we both enjoy. I have really enjoyed having the help with the kids and with rides to and from practices and games. I have enjoyed watching him interact with our children, and take more of an interest in their lives, and their interests. I have enjoyed seeing him find joy in being a father, and not just a provider. I think that the providing sucked out so much of his energy, and joy some days that there was none left for us at the end of the day. I have enjoyed having my husband back after 15 long years of 12-15 hour days. I hope that when he does start his new business, he will be able to find something that will take less of his time, and leave him able to spend more time with family. I have LOVED having him around more--and we have fallen in love all over again!
I am so thankful to have a husband who LOVES being married, who LOVES being a father, who finds JOY in his family! I think that is hard to find these days! Todd is so unselfish, so giving, so loving, so willing to work hard, and to sacrifice for his family. From the day I married him, I knew he would be an amazing provider, because he doesn't know how to do anything halfway. He sets his goals high--and will achieve them because he won't stop until he does. I am so grateful that he talks me into taking chances, and that they have paid off. I am so grateful that he puts up with me, and is patient with all of my flaws...(and there are MANY)! Most of all I am grateful that he took a chance on ME--16 years ago! I love you sweetie! Happy Anniversary!
Emie took these pictures for us the other day--and after a few of these:
Photobucket
Photobucket
I did THIS:
Photobucket
And we were finally able to get THESE:
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

2 comments:

kbhull said...

wow- 16 is so long!!! Congrats!!

Velma said...

You found a keeper, and he found a keeper too...so, that is what counts, and may the years ahead remain better and better!!! Love you guys, and miss you a ton! Love, Velma

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...