Wednesday, November 18, 2009

My CLEAN Boy!

If any of you have boys, you know how hard it can be to keep them clean. In the case of my 7 year old boy--it is dang near impossible! I have to beg him to shower nightly, and sometimes when he gets out I will smell him and then we have this conversation:
Me: "Did you even wash yourself?"
Josh: "Yes, the water was on."
Me: "I know the water was on, but did you wash yourself?"
Josh: "Huh?"
Me: "Soap and shampoo? You know did you wash with soap or shampoo?"
Josh: "Ummm...no, I forgot."
Me: "What were you doing in there for 40 minutes?"
Josh: "Playing."
Me: "Ummm...don't even want to go there--just go get back in and WASH--we take a shower so we can be CLEAN!"
Josh: Ugh...
Jack on the other hand is my little water baby! In our new house, our shower in our room has two heads--it's a party shower! I can even throw three or four kids in at once! Jack loves it--and he doesn't miss a chance for a shower. Sometimes he gets 3 or 4 showers a day! If he hears the shower on, he starts stripping the clothes off and jumps in. He doesn't take environmentally friendly showers either--he would stay in for hours if I let him. Even when he's been in for 30 min. he cries when you get him out! I got some pictures of this little ritual so that when he's 7, I can look back on the days when he actually wanted to be clean! I love this boy!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

5 comments:

Heather said...

Adorable! And I say the same things to my boys. WHY does your hair still smell? GOod to know we're all in the same boat. IT's funny that it's such a chore to shower! They always say they feel better afterwards, but sure fight it before getting in! I love your pictures of Jack. :)

kbhull said...

he is so cute!!! i just want to kiss him!!!

Tawni said...

Soo have that problem at our house too!
LOVE the pics of him in the towel, SOOO DANG CUTE!

Abby said...

adorable!!!!!

The Jarvis Family said...

I honestly don't think it's possible for a kid to be as cute as jack. Everytime I see him I just want to eat him up!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...