Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Happy Birthday JOSH!...

On Saturday, this handsome, wild, crazy, adorable guy turned 9!
Can you believe it?  This picture is pretty much how you find Josh these days.  Always without a shirt on.  Showing off his glorious male figure I guess.  What is it about boys that you can't keep clothes on them?  The only boy in my house growing up was my dad.  And he always wore a shirt--his garment top--but still.  The first thing Josh does when he gets home from school is strip down to a shirt & hang out shorts.  He sleeps in his underwear half the time.  He is driving all of us girls in the house (including 3 older sisters) a little crazy, running around half-naked, leaving the toilet seat up, (or unflushed).  But c'mon--isn't he the most handsome boy?  Takes after his handsome dad--in more ways than one.  I think Todd would run around this house in his underwear if he could get away with it, that guy is ALWAYS hot (He's HAWT too).  Boys...still not sure what I'm doing in that department! Oy...

Josh had a soccer game in the morning, so we got all the kids up early to sing Happy Birthday to Josh with his QT donut cake.  Todd got the trick candles--which always crack me up because we ended up with spit from not one, but 3 different kids all over the donuts!  Good things germs don't really faze my kids because of my poor housekeeping skills, so I don't worry much about them getting sick from a little (or a ton of) spit on their donut! I think Josh's wishes will come true in about...oh, 100 years or so!  Hope he didn't wish for anything important...  On a side note, I am DEFINITELY buying those candles for Emie tomorrow for her Sweet 16...I KNOW what she'll be wishing for--and I'm not sure I EVER want those wishes to come true!  Oh my...that is a post for tomorrow.





 Josh got an awesome BMX bike for his birthday (since he had an awesome BMX bike, that Grandpa fixed up for him, that MOM ran over with her suburban--and there was no saving that thing since the pegs got stuck in my undercarriage and I had to drive back and forth over it 12 times to get it detached from my car).  OOPS!  There's nothing like the grin on a boys face at the sight of a new bike!  He was SO happy!


 There's nothing like the grin on an old dad's face as he rides his sons new bike and remembers the glory days when HE was the 9 year old with the new bike either!  Boys never do quite grow up, do they?  I mean, look at that face!  Have I mentioned that I love this guy.  He sure keeps things interesting over here at this house!  I love ALL of my boys over here.  Sure glad God gave me a few boys anyway, although glad also that he knew I'd do better with my girls & gave me more of them!  :)

Happy Birthday, JOSH!  We love you SO much!

1 comment:

Kim Christensen said...

Best post!! I love all the photos..what a fun birthday! Josh is Mr. Personality plus!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...