Saturday, December 25, 2010

Christmas 2010!...

Christmas was such a fun day!  The kids slept in until around 8 a.m. (kids after my own heart! <3), then we lined them up on the stairs so I could check & see if Santa had come.  Todd came marching in with them & they went to town!  We always open stockings first...then presents, and every year we say we're going to open them one at a time, and after a few minutes everyone is just going crazy--so this year we didn't even try...they just went for it!  Emie and Erin were excited that Santa brought them Toms...(because their mom wouldn't buy them...she thinks they're ugly!).  Abby was super excited to get a new MP3 player/camera and art stuff.  Josh got a new Spark Scooter, and a new air gun.  Ashlie was SO thrilled with her new Nintendo DS.  Jack got some new blocks and a Chuck and Friends set that is super cute, and of course Toy Story 3 and a Buzz and Woody that he LOVES!  As for Todd--Santa brought him some clothes and an Ipod...He must not have been as good as I was this year, because Santa brought me a very beautiful diamond for my wedding ring (I lost it jogging last year...).  I cried!  That stinker--he always out does me on Christmas!Funniest gift?  My brother in law sent Todd some Hormel Pickled Pigs feet!  Haha--we got a good laugh out of that one...then Todd regifted them on Trasi's birthday and made her SO mad!  (Pictures of that later...) 

After presents, we went over to Grandma and Grandpa Allen's for a nice breakfast and hung out until noon when we went to watch a movie.  I thought it was funny how many people were there in their jammies (we might do that next year...)!  Who wants to get dressed on Christmas anyway?  When we got home we had a nice Christmas dinner--turkey and all the fixins.  It's one of only 2 or 3 times a year that we actually set the table with REAL plates and silverware--and we get out the FANCY cups (plastic goblets that I got at the dollar store...but they're fancy to us!).  We had a very fun day!  Merry Christmas!




















No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...