Friday, December 31, 2010

It's time...

Can you bear with me while I have a little pity party?  I have been "checked out" lately...in a lot of things, including this blog.  It seems when your life is easy, and things are rolling along great, I have a LOT of things to write about, and my posts are positive and fun.  This year has NOT been that year for me, or for our family.  I don't like putting the hard days on my blog.  It's not that we don't have them...we have always had our share, but I just don't particularly enjoy going back and reading about the hard days.  I want to look back and remember the good days, the positive days, the fun days.  Those are the experiences I love to blog about.  Sure, I try to keep it real. No one is under the illusion that I am a super mom, or that my kids are perfectly perfect in every way like me...HA!  Yeah right!  But I do try to keep things fun, and keep things happy--(who wants to read a blog where someone complains all the time).  But let me tell you, 2010 has not been that kind of a year for us.

Without much detail...I will be happy in a few weeks when the year 2010 is in the books.  2010 will be a blip in our history, and can I just say..."Good Riddance!"  2010 will be the year that I remember that we lost some illusions that we had about life...things like "most people are honest people", or "most people are good".  We have been dealing with a few people this year who aren't honest, or good, even though that's what they made themselves out to be.  Oh yeah, add that to the list: here's another lesson learned:  "You can't trust everyone".  Check.  I think I am one of those people who will always be a little naive when it comes to life.  I actually preferred it that way.  Where I grew up, you didn't have to lock your door at night, and you could stay out past dark.  You could leave your wallet in the car and not give a thought that it might be stolen.  Let's face it, I don't think that kind of place exists anymore.  Doesn't that make you a little sad?  We have learned this year that you need to take care of yourself and your family, and not trust anyone else to keep their word.  Hard lesson.  I've always had such a "Pollyanna" view on life--ever since I can remember...and this year, I have found myself turning from Pollyanna into the GRINCH!  I really don't like grinches...and I really don't want to be one!

Don't get me wrong, we are super blessed.  I KNOW that our family has more than our share of blessings!  We are so grateful for all of them.  Our family has made the best of this year, in spite of the difficulties.  We have grown closer through these trials, one of the reasons I think that this year was good for us.  We have learned to count on each other, and to trust in the Lord.  I am grateful to know that He is mindful of our family, and that ultimately, He will help us to make things right. Even though we don't always understand...we hope that our trials will make us stronger.

In the meantime...bring on 2011--It's time!  It's time for a new start, and a new attitude!  It's time for happier thoughts.  It's time for a new me!  You'll see, 2011 is going to be our best year yet!  Stay tuned...

2 comments:

Heather said...

Tami....sorry it hasn't been the best year for you. I asked Jessica if you were ok. I noticed you weren't your usual chipper self at Thanksgiving! Keep up your positive attitude! I'm sure you'll look back and see all the growth you experienced. I hate trials too, but it seems like when I have that adversity, it makes me stronger. Here's to 2011!

Huston Family said...

The refiner's fire has been a little warm at our place this year as well. I'm with you, bring on 2011!!
PS thanks for the treats! Yum!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...