Friday, December 24, 2010

CHRISTMAS EVE 2010!

Christmas Eve is my FAVORITE!  I love the busyness, the anticipation, the FUN that comes with the waiting for Santa to come!  This year was a little different--we didn't spend the day baking German Stollen like we usually do--we were traveling home from Thatcher.  We got to go out to lunch with my parents before we left town--yummy Mexican food, my favorite!  We arrived home just in time for our Allen Family Christmas party.  This year we had it at Grandma & Grandpa Allen's house and they decided to do soup and salads with home made rolls.  YUM!  We had a beautiful music program with the kids playing piano doing their Christmas recital pieces (have I mentioned that all my children have quit piano--except for Emie who wants to take lessons, but we can't pull it off right now with her schedule or our finances...)  I miss them playing piano and learning beautiful Christmas songs!  Then we read "I Believe" the book about Santa and Jesus, and how the spirit of Christmas and Santa are all symbols of Christmas--which are all meant to remind us of the true meaning of Christmas.  I love that book!  Shaun read "Twas the Night Before Christmas", and Trasi sang "O Holy Night" and brought tears to all of our eyes!  It was a beautiful and perfect night with friends and family!
When we came home, it was time for the kids to open their presents from each other.  We almost didn't have them buy them this year, but at the last minute--I decided this was too important of a tradition to skip.  I love seeing them draw names and think about the sibling they are assigned.  I love taking them to the store and seeing how picky they are, and how they want to get the perfect thing for that brother or sister.  I love that they really deep down LOVE their brothers and sisters, and want them to be happy!  This is one of my favorite parts of Christmas!  They had a great time opening gifts, then on to the next tradition of Christmas Eve JAMMIES so they don't come down looking all raggedy on Christmas morning!  They all looked so cute!  Then, one more thing to do--leave Santa some OREOS (don't you know those are his FAVORITE cookies???  Always have been!) and get to SLEEP!  Todd and I actually got some sleep as well since Todd was home all week working and had nothing better to do than wrap gifts from us to put under the tree.  We put our gifts out for the kids and went to BED!  What a great Christmas Eve!







No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...