Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Erin's Orchestra Concert...

Erin had an orchestra concert last week, and it was so fun to go watch it and see how much she has improved! We had to go to the store earlier in the day to find black slacks for her uniform, so we were trying on petite sizes since she is a shorty, and I didn't have time to take them to get hemmed (and I don't sew...). Anyway, they were all "women's" pants, instead of "junior" pants--and she was just mortified that they all came up to her belly button, with a big long zipper. I was trying to explain that that's what us moms need to hold all that fat in so we don't have muffin top--but she wasn't impressed! Finally we found a pair of junior uniform pants that were low on her hips, and came in short. Hallelujia!
Her concert was wonderful, and I just can't believe how much nicer it is to listen to a jr. high orchestra concert compared to an elementary one! It's like night and day! My only complaint?? Who do I have to pay to get my child in the chair on the end where you can actually see her? Here is the pic of my sweet niece, Kami on the end...(who talked Erin into taking orchestra again this year--thanks Kam!) Isn't she beautiful??
Photobucket
Photobucket
Now here is the pic of Erin...do you see that great partial view of her right behind the music stand and to the left of the girl with the big giant hairdo?? (don't get me wrong...I would die to have hair like that!)
Photobucket
Photobucket
Here is the whole 7th grade orchestra. I'm sure glad I'm not a conductor--having to have a bum shot of me in every yearbook and picture would drive me crazy! :)
Photobucket
Good job girls--we're proud of you for sticking it out--you sounded awesome! Love you!
Photobucket
Photobucket

2 comments:

Kelsey Stenquist said...

Oh my goodness I'm so mad at Erin and Kami for not letting me know they had a concert! I would've loved to come! Let me know when their next one is!

kbhull said...

I can not believe how old they both look! Great job!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...