Friday, October 30, 2009

Halloween Recital...


My girls had a Halloween piano recital this week on Thursday that they were just THRILLED about! They were supposed to wear costumes, and get dressed up and play these fun halloween songs. Ummm...yeah, Abby was okay with it, but I literally had to DRAG my teenagers along to the recital, and force them into doing it. They made so many negative comments, that I decided that it's easier to laugh at them than to fight with them. Here are some of the better ones:
"Just shoot me now..."
"I'd rather slit my wrists than be here..."
"I am NOT going in there..."
"There is no one here over 8 wearing a costume..."
"I look SO GAY..."
"This is RETARDED..."
"No, really, just shoot me NOW..."
"Can't I just quit piano...please???"
"I HATE recitals..."
"I hate YOU..."
"Why do you make me do this???"
"Piano is SO stupid..."
"I am SO quitting piano..."

Yeah, this night was a ton of fun for all involved! Someday, my children will look back at this and laugh--then I hope they thank me for putting up with all this crap and not killing them! Seriously--I was like, "you little ingrates--get up there and play your stupid song and quit whining or I might beat the crap out of you!" Actually, I was laughing pretty much the whole night at the situation. Here I am doing something that I don't feel like doing--making my kids do something that they don't feel like doing, because I know it's good for them sometimes to do things they don't want to do. Does that make any sense at all?? The funniest part of the night was when Erin asked if she could take off her tu tu for her fairy costume (that she made--not my creation!) since she didn't feel like any of the kids her age there were dressed up. The problem? All she had on was a t-shirt and a pair of black leggings. Emie leans over and goes, "Yeah, take it off--then you'll look like you came as a hooker." I almost lost it--I was laughing SO hard. Sometimes in these situations--you just have to laugh! Emie was wearing my t-shirt from last year at Halloween that says, "I like being witchy." It was particularly fitting for this situation! Abby was adorable as always, and just going with the flow. Thank goodness for my Abby! All went well, until the next wonderful recital! I love you girls--good job!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...