Thursday, October 8, 2009

General Conference...

I know that Conference was on Sunday, and this is Friday (almost)...but it has been the usual kind of crazy over here, and I am just getting around to it. It seems as if the posts of late are few and far between, but such is life! We loved general conference this year. I was able to listen to all the talks on Sunday (yay for DVR's!), and each one touched me in a different way. It seemed like there was a general idea that we need more faith, and more diligence to get us through these tough times. The world is getting worse and worse, and if we don't have our faith, and we are not keeping the commandments, we cannot, and will not be blessed in the times ahead of us. I was especially struck by President Jeffrey R. Holland's message this conference. (You can read it HERE). He is always one of my favorite speakers, usually because he has a loving and kind way about him, and he speaks right to my heart. This message was a little different, but it touched me and I was brought to tears by his overwhelming testimony of, and love of the Book of Mormon. He was so powerful, and so bold in his message, and I wish that I was that bold and powerful when I talk to friends, or neighbors. I need to be more of a disciple, and more of a missionary. The more I read about politics, and the news of the day, the more I realize that the only thing--the ONLY thing that is going to save this generation is the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Do we appreciate what we have been given? Do we truly love our neighbor if we are not testifying to them of the truthfulness of the gospel? I came away from conference with a great desire to be better. To be a better disciple, a better missionary, a better person. That's what I love about General Conference!
Afterward, we all gathered at the park to share our favorite talks, and have dinner. It takes a long time for over 30 kids and parents to all share something--but it was so fun and uplifting to hear people talk about which talk was their favorite, and how each person takes something different out of conference. We had each of the kids go up in age groups this time, and I love that each one had something to share--however small! (It helps that they get a candy bar for sharing). I love this tradition--(thanks Bob & Sue). We took a little too long though--because at 7, the sprinklers interrupted our little testimony meeting of sorts--and the kids decided to turn our spiritual gathering into a full blown WATER PARTY! Ummm...yeah, they were all SOAKED! I wish my camera was working, but it was too dark, and as you can tell by the crappy pics, I need a new camera as it is! At one point, Karin's little 3 year old was full on streaking through the sprinklers in his birthday suit having the time of his life!! Too funny. All in all, a great time! Thanks family for the memories--until 6 months from now! Love you!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
(UGH--I can't even tell you how bummed I am about these pictures! I am getting a new camera--like SOON! How can I blog with such crappy pictures!)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...