Tuesday, July 21, 2009

A day at the Lake! (FINALLY)

It has been such a crazy few months for our family! First the move, then the remodel, (which is still ongoing...), vacation to the beach, summer camps, etc. We have been way too crazy to even think about taking the boat out and going to the lake. Yesterday, we had a million things to do, boxes to unpack, cleaning, organizing, decorating, well--you get it! Todd and I looked at each other and said, "Let's get OUTA HERE!" We gathered the kids, hooked up the boat, and hoped for the best! We were nervous that the boat wasn't gonna work, but it worked great--like we used it yesterday! It was great to get away from it all, and we had a BLAST! I even got up the nerve to try the wakeboard--the hip, young mom that I think that I am. Ya, well, that didn't work out so well. After about 5 tries--(painful tries!), I said gimme the SKIS! Much better. Maybe someday I'll try again, but I'm so sore today that I've been taking Advil all day! All in all, a great day at the lake--and the work was still here for us when we got home--imagine that!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...