Saturday, January 17, 2009

We're off to ISRAEL!!!

We are frantically trying to get everything done to prepare for our trip to Israel! I can't believe we're leaving in less than 3 days! It's really been a long week--full of late nights, and crazy stress. Such is my life! I seriously can't believe we will be seeing Todd's parents (who are serving a mission at the Jerusalem Center) so soon. We are so excited, we miss them so much! We were able to get great prices on our tickets as well--maybe because there's a WAR over there--hmmm... They tell us that they don't even know there's a war unless they turn on the television though, and they feel very safe and secure at the Jerusalem Center. We figured that if BYU would ship over 80 some students for the semester, that we were safe to go as well. I am so excited for this opportunity, to walk where Jesus walked, and to feel the spirit of that place. I have been reading a book by several LDS authors about Jerusalem--and it is AMAZING, the history of that place! What an opportunity! Thanks also to Kelsey and Justin, and Karin and Jensen, who will be putting up with these 6 KRA-Z-KIDS while we are gone for 2 weeks. I am fearful that Kelsey will never have any babies of her own if she keeps babysitting my crazy kids! I think we are fabulous birth control. We need to give them a few moments of peace and quiet so they can get pregnant, have a few babies--and be miserable like the rest of us! (I'm just kidding, Kels...you're kids will be SO much better behaved than mine--really :) Just keep telling yourself that)! We appreciate their willingness to help though. I remember being newlywed, and babysitting for a family with 5 kids--and about 2 days into it, I thought--I am NEVER having this many kids, these people are CRAZY! Oh, man--we've joined the ranks of the INSANE!

We are buying a new laptop that I can put a memory card into, so hopefully I will be able to blog our trip in real time. I find that when I get home and try to do it all at once, it's hard to remember things, especially how I felt at times, and it would be helpful to be able to put my feelings down while they are fresh. I have found that since I've had this blog, I have been reluctant to write in a journal. This is just so much faster, and easier, and I can add pictures--then hopefully publish this thing. Speaking of that--Todd's cousin Tawni is starting on my blog book from last year. She is making them for people (for a very reasonable price when you figure what a scrapbook would cost)--and if you click over to her site HERE, you can see the ones she worked on last year. I thought they turned out so cute--and I am saving myself the hassle of trying to figure out how to make it--at least for now, I have too much going on right now to try to figure that out. I am so excited to get it all printed out! Thanks Tawni--you're the best! Okay--so just pray for us that our plane doesn't have to make a landing in the ocean--I don't think they'd get to us as fast as they rescued those people in the Hudson--I don't want to get eaten by sharks!

5 comments:

Real Mom, Real Life said...

WOW!!!! How fun for you!!! I hope you have fun! Take LOTS of pictures!

kbhull said...

I am so excited for you guys and a little jealous you get to see them. Give them a big hug and kiss for me!!
I can't believe Jack is ready to take off. Wrilgey is not there yet
(thank goodness-- I am not ready for that.)

ASHLEY ELDER said...

How exciting!! Have so much fun!

Kristine said...

What an amazing opportunity! Have a great time! Can't wait to hear all about it!

Erin said...

Have fun and remember tuck and roll if things come flying your way! Ha!! Just be safe ok?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...