Thursday, January 15, 2009

Tender Mercies...

"But behold, I Nephi, will show unto you that the tender mercies of the Lord are over all those whom he hath chosen, because of their faith, to make them mighty even unto the power of deliverance." 1 Nephi 1:20...

In the last few days, I have seen so many tender mercies from my Father in Heaven. It is so amazing to me that he is mindful of each of us, that he truly cares about our lives. My sister was having some problems, and when I talked to her on the phone a few days ago, my heart went out to her. The spirit told me to go to see her-- it told me "go now". When you have 6 children, it's hard to arrange a trip, and make sure kids are taken care of, and find babysitters, and people to drive carpool, and rearrange appointments. But by the next day, I talked to my sister in law who could watch the kids, my friend was able to drive carpool, Todd had no problem with me going, in fact, he was encouraging me to go (thanks, hon). Things fell into place so quickly. When I looked online at prices to Montana, the cheapest ticket was $900. My hopes fell--it would be very expensive to get there. Todd said, let's bid on priceline. When he put in the bid for $400, I was laughing at him, there's no way they will take off half for a next-day trip. Boy, was I wrong. Such a tender mercy.

By Sunday, I was there, and things couldn't have worked out better. My sister was able to take a few days off, we were able to work together to deal with the issues she was faced with. Without going into detail, most of the problems and worries she was dealing with a few days ago have worked themselves out in a way only a loving Heavenly Father could work them out. I have seen tender mercies extended to her and to her children. I have been able to share time with my sister that has allowed us to become closer, to talk, to laugh, and to cry together, as only sisters can. I am so grateful for a Heavenly Father who knows us, who understands us, and who knows our needs. He will never leave us alone. Truly, he can take a weak soul, and make it mighty. Truly, he can deliver us. In one of my favorite talks of all time, Elder Bednar said, "The tender mercies of the Lord are real, they do not occur randomly, or by coincidence." ... "We should not underestimate or overlook the power of the Lord's tender mercies. The simpleness, the sweetness, and the constancy of the tender mercies of the Lord will do much to fortify and protect us in the troubled times in which we do now and will yet live." I have seen that for myself this past few days. (Read the full talk HERE).

Even though the problems are still there--I know that my sister is in good hands. A loving Heavenly Father is mindful of her, mindful of her children, and with the thoughts and prayers of family members near and far, I know she will get through her struggles. I am proud of her--for keeping her faith. Even though sometimes our problems are not taken from us--the Lord will never leave us alone. All you need do is get on your knees--he will be there, and he will send the tender mercies that you need in your life. I love you--and I miss you already!

1 comment:

Real Mom, Real Life said...

Tami, this post has me in tears. What you say is so true... the Lord truly does know us. I am so glad you were able to go sustain your sister. Thank you for your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...