Friday, January 9, 2009

Update on Josh...

I have been to the orthopedist twice this week for him to look at Joshua's arm. Monday he X-rayed it and they couldn't see a fracture, so they splinted it and told me to come back today and hopefully it would look better & be less sore. Today, when they took the splint off, I was surprised to see that his arm looks pretty much the same as the last picture we took of it in the ER. The swelling is still the same, and it is still very tender. He can lift and bend it, but the orthopedist was perplexed as to why it is still so swollen and tender to touch. They did a new set of X-rays--and still can see no fracture. Still, just to be safe, they decided to put Joshua in a hard cast for a few weeks to protect his arm, and hope that it returns to normal. He is also having a hard time moving his thumb and fingers certain ways which was also strange. Hopefully there will be no permanent nerve damage to his arm or hand. He is lucky it's on his right arm, since he's my little lefty. Josh is very proud of his new hard camouflage cast (wow, casts are so fancy these days)! We will be praying that the next few weeks will bring healing. BTW, if you live in my neighborhood, and see Josh on a bike or scooter, or climbing trees, or jumping off the roof or something, would you PLEASE yell at him for me. Seriously, I am going to have to sit on that kid to keep him down! Boys...

4 comments:

Erin said...

I am pretty good at yelling so I will let you know if we see him! Boys don't seem to stop do they! We are praying for your little tough guy!

Heatherly said...

No good! We will keep our fingers crossed for you and you little man.

Real Mom, Real Life said...

Poor kid! I have never felt so much stress as cathching my broken armed and footed boys doing jumping karate chops off the couch! Yikes! Really? My little boy has to "take it easy" for HOW long?

Christine Green said...

Good luck keeping him down!!!!! I will yell at him anyway....Love ya
Christine

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...