Sunday, April 22, 2012

Early Church...Ugh.

I am up WAY too late doing laundry and cleaning since I will be out of town most of next week.  Tomorrow, Todd and I are taking a body up to Las Vegas for a funeral, (one of the few perks of being a funeral director--sometimes your wife gets a fun trip out of it while you are working)--and then I am leaving on Wednesday for Women's Conference with my sisters and mom in Utah!  I was folding one last load of laundry before I go to bed, and thinking about how I have to drag my butt out of bed in 3 hours to get ready for church.  Oh, early church--how I hate early church.  The only thing that gets me out of bed is the thought that in 3 hours, I will be able to crawl back between those wonderful sheets and sleep the afternoon away.  Sometimes a meeting or something screws that up--and those Sundays are the WORST.  Pretty much never-ending.  Anyway, I wrote a post about early church a few years ago, and I thought it was funny to go back and read, since I feel pretty much exactly the same way now--except for now we have the 8:00 schedule, and seriously--8:30 sounds like a DREAM!  What can I say?  I am not a morning person!  I am not even NICE before 10 a.m. (ask my husband and children)!  Plus, it's impossible to look nice at 8:00 a.m., and have the children looking presentable.  I look like I rolled out of bed and got in the car to go to church (which is altogether pretty accurate much of the time, I'm sorry to say)! So here it is, a little blast from the past,and here's to looking ahead to December when I will get that 11:00 schedule back that I LOVE! 8 more months, baby, 8 more months...:
Sunday Aug. 3, 2008
Okay, so the only thing I am looking forward to more than the first day of school is our new 11:00 church schedule time that is coming in a few weeks!! FINALLY! I have endured the 8:30 schedule long enough! Seriously--I am terrible at getting to church early. I know people will say that if you prepare, and have clothes out on Saturday, and wake up a little earlier, and pray really hard, it shouldn't be that hard to get to church on time. Or I love this one: "If you love the Lord enough, you will be able to get here on time." That makes me feel like a million bucks as I walk through the door late and sit in the back of the church. Seriously, it seems like it doesn't matter what I do, I am rushing to church, and walking in during the opening song, 5 little ones trailing behind, disrupting the meeting. I swear the stoplight between me and the church building is controlled by Satan himself, as it seems like we sit there for like 5 minutes every week! Ask my kids, there is no way to get around it--I've tried! My mom would say, "well why don't you leave 5 minutes earlier?". There is always something that keeps us from leaving on time--(again, maybe it's the devil....) Jack will throw up his breakfast, or Ashlie will have the inevitable meltdown while I'm trying to do her hair, or I'll get into the car and drive away only to feel my armpits start to perspire and realize I've forgotten deodorant, and I have to either go back and put it on, or worry about body odor all through church. So I am excited for the 2 extra hours that I will have on Sunday morning to get to church. I can't guarantee that we'll be any earlier--there will probably be the same problems I've mentioned above, plus there will be 3 or 4 stoplights between me and the new church building which will create new problems, but for this mom, 11:00 church will be a breath of fresh air! If nothing else, I might still be late--but I'll be in a better mood, that has to count for something!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...