Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Easter 2012...Finally!


I have been a little slow about blogging of late...springtime seems like such a rush!  We have been doing spring football games, Abby's volleyball games, Emie's track meets (crazy girl is doing pole vault), Emie's volleyball games, Orchestra concerts, piano recitals, pinewood derby, plus, trying to make sure the children don't flunk out of school in the last few weeks!  I love watching my kids try new things.  It gives me such a thrill to see them discover their talents and abilities.  I also get frustrated when I can't figure out how to get through to them the fact that they ARE amazing and talented!  Why is it that when we are teenagers, and we ARE amazing and talented, that is precisely the time when we don't realize it?  Now my body is old, and tired.  I wish my kids knew how much they are going to miss their youth!  I'll keep trying to convince them... 

We had a fabulous, fun-filled Easter!  We went to my sister Kimbie's house in Payson, and the children LOVE it there in the mountains.  They don't come in until dark, and even then the older ones sneak out to play a game of hide and seek in the woods when the little ones go to bed.  I can't even believe they like doing that--it creeps me out!  I think of Watcher in the Woods every time they are out there!  Ugh.  Anyway, we really enjoyed being around cousins, and coloring eggs, and having the easter egg hunt in the woods.  It was really amazing how many easter eggs the Easter Bunny brought.  Man, our kids are spoiled.  Their buckets were filled to overflowing, and so was my heart watching them have so much fun!  I just love holidays! The best part was going to sacrament meeting and watching our nephew Cole become the first boy on our side of the family receive the Priesthood.  What an amazing gift to receive on Easter Sunday!  I grew teary when I thought of my boys, and what a gift they will be given in a few years.  Only a little time to prepare them, and they will be ready to receive the Priesthood, and go on missions.  It's overwhelming to think about sometimes, how soon they are gone from you and on their own.  I hope I have prepared them well when the time comes! Here are some pictures of our amazing time!





 Gotta love these TEENAGERS!



Caleb and Jack hanging on the porch with Grandpa.  Both of them were hurt, and Grandpa was taking care of them.  They wanted me to take pictures of their owies!  Caleb hurt his leg climbing a tree, and Jack hurt his foot walking around the forest barefoot despite nearly a million warnings by yours truly to put his dang shoes on!  Grandpa took good care of them--they look dirty, but HAPPY! 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...