Friday, January 20, 2012

Erin's Room Makeover...

Since we moved into this house in September, Erin has been begging for a room makeover.  In fact, it was one of the things she asked Santa for at Christmas, with the disclaimer that she would be allowed to approve of the design before he brought it to her.  Santa didn't bring her a new room, so after Christmas, we went together and picked out the stuff for her new room. We went with black & pink, with zebra accents.  The frame with the E in it was a mirror, but while we were hanging it on the wall, it dropped, and broke--oops!  We hollowed out the frame, blinged up a big letter E from Hobby Lobby, and voila!  I think I like it better than a mirror! Most of the things are from Hobby Lobby, the candle holders are from Kirkland Home.  The violin I got at Ross a few years back, and it was in her other room.  We spray painted it black, and glittered it.  The picture frames are from Target and Hobby Lobby, and the bedding is from Target. All of it came in at under $200, since most of it was either 50% off , or I had a coupon for it, which I thought was pretty good.  We are renting right now, so we can't add color in paint, (which is driving me nuts by the way--white walls make me crazy), but we added a lot of color using accessories, and even a little bling.  I think it turned out cute--and best of all, it got Erin off my case for a little while, until she thinks of something else she really NEEDS!  Take a look:



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...