Saturday, January 21, 2012

4th Annual Favorites Night!...

Last week, the girls in our family got together for our 4th annual Favorites Night!  (The other years are HERE, HERE, or HERE).  This night is one we look forward to every year!  I got the idea a few years ago from Todd's cousin, and we decided to start our own girls night tradition, where we all give each other one of our favorite things, kind of like the show Oprah used to have where she would give her favorite things to her audience.  For me, I look forward to this night even more than Christmas!  Todd has 8 siblings, 7  of which live here in Gilbert, along with his parents, so that makes 10 of us who get together and exchange gifts.  It's fun to see what people love, and how we change from year to year and discover new things.  It's also funny that almost every person has some sort of food item along with their favorite thing--see?  I'm not the only one who LOVES food!  HA!  This year, we went to Brio at San Tan Mall, and the food and company were awesome (I had the Sweet Potato & Chicken Risotto, which was to DIE for)!  Our waiter was so funny trying to keep up with our drink refills!  He was like, "I have never seen a table go through so many sodas in a night!"  I think I went through 7 myself!  Good thing I don't drink liquor--I think I would probably spend half my life wasted!  I have a hard time doing things in moderation (yes, I am working on that...but still)!  The great thing about Todd's family, is that they all get along.  We all love each other, and if there is ever a problem, it is usually dealt with up front, forgiven and then forgotten.  This family is not one to hold grudges against each other, gossip, or backbite.  In fact, the siblings are all fiercely loyal to each other, and supportive of each other.  I think that comes from their parents teaching them about how important it is for family to stick together and love each other.  They have always been a great example of family coming first, and their family means everything to them.  I am so grateful to belong to such a wonderful family!  I love these girls with all my heart (and our husbands aren't too shabby either, I must say)!  So here they are, our favorite things 2012, ENJOY!:












1 comment:

Megs said...

I did this one year with my girlfriends and LOVED it too! It is so much fun to see what people will pick for their year FAVORITES!! What a fun night! I bet that is hard to get 10 of each thing into the location!!

Keep up those traditions...there is nothing BUT FUN in them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...