Sunday, October 24, 2010

NOT my favorite haircut!...

Last week, it was one of those days where I was completely exhausted by the time I got all the kids out the door to school, so I laid down by Jack on the beanbag, put in a movie, and fell asleep.  All was good until I wake up after the movie was over, and as I gain consciousness, hear Jack saying "CUT--CUT--CUT".  I look up and he has scissors cutting MY HAIR!!!!  I yelled "What are you doing!!!"  and took the scissors from him and made him cry, but all I could think about was that swatch of hair in my hands & getting to a mirror to see exactly how much damage was done.  Lucky for me--he had little kids school scissors, and not my sewing scissors that were in the same drawer right next to them.  Thank goodness I woke up before much damage had been done.  I had to cut bangs from farther back to cover up the hole he left, as well as part my hair on the opposite side so there's not a big mess--but it could have been much worse!  I'm telling you with kids, you think you've experienced it all--and you are constantly proven WRONG!  Every one of my kids has cut their own hair at one time or another--and even cut each other's hair--but NEVER my hair!  I guess I need to stay awake around this 2 year old--you never know what he's gonna do!  To look on the bright side, I posted my dilemma on Facebook, and my Dad commented, "Better CUT, CUT, CUT, than STAB, STAB, STAB!"  So true!

2 comments:

Erin said...

Thanks for the laugh Tami, I really needed it today! And you look great even with a few little shorty hairs there!

Yvette said...

Ugh! Sound like something one of my kids would do. At least you have a great sense of humor about it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...