Sunday, October 24, 2010

Cub Scouts!...

Speaking of turning EIGHT--one of the greatest things a young boy looks forward to when he turns 8 is CUB SCOUTS!  Josh is no stranger to Cub Scouts!  I was the Bear Den Leader for a few years in our old ward, and in this ward--guess who is Josh's Wolf Den Leader???  Yep--it's ME!  I actually LOVE being in Cub Scouts--it is so much hands on FUN!  The boys are great, and they LOVE to be active and have fun together!  I love that we are teaching them to be leaders, and to stand out, and to stand up for our country, and the ideals that we believe in.  Through Cub Scouts, I believe we are creating leaders for our future--and heaven knows we NEED them!  Josh was lucky to turn 8 last week--just in time for our Stake Cub Scout DAY CAMP!  This is 5 hours of FUN!  And watch the video to know just why I may or may not have come home and taken a NAP after taking Ibuprofen for a massive headache!  Give 50 boys a whistle at the beginning of the day!  I'm kidding--it wasn't that bad!





1 comment:

Yvette said...

It's a great time of year to have the scout camp Our ward usually does it in June and its so darn hot. But I agree with you I love scouts too. I really felt close to the little boys and would get sad when they moved on and up.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...