Friday, October 22, 2010

I. AM. TIRED.

Not the kind of tired that you are after a long day--no, not that kind of tired.  It's the kind of tired that you are when you have had 100+ days like that in a row, and you can't remember what it felt like NOT to be tired, tired.  It's the kind of tired where you can't even sleep because your mind is so tired it can't possibly rest because of all the thoughts racing through it, tired.  It's the kind of tired where your head hurts constantly--and the only thing that can possibly clear the fog in your brain is a Sonic soda, tired.  It's the kind of tired where the last good nights sleep you had might possibly have been a year or so ago...or not, because a year ago I had a one year old--and I'm sure I was even more tired then--tired.  It's the kind of tired that makes you crazy (as if I wasn't crazy enough before), tired.  I'm not sure if when I became a mother, I realized what exactly I signed up for.  Life doesn't slow down, it plunges full speed ahead, and if you blink, you miss it.  Emie's birthday was this week--15 years!  Where did the time go?  And can't it slow down, PLEASE???  I.  AM.  TIRED.!!!

1 comment:

Huston Family said...

Wow, you hit the nail on the head. I too am tired. I have not slept through the night in years (not even kidding)I feel like all I do is clean and cook and drive kids around. And if I'm notdoing that I am studing, or working on church stuff. Luckily I have those moments, though few and far between where a sweet little one kisses my cheek, or an amazing teen thanks me in a little note. That's when it's all worth it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...