Sunday, December 13, 2009

Swimming at Christmas time???...

My sister Wendy's 4 kids stayed with us for a few days this week, because her husband's mother was in the hospital in Tucson. I am so sad that she was sick, but so happy that it gave us a chance to see my sister and her family--they live in Utah, and we miss them SOOO much! Here's what happens when Utah people come to Arizona for a visit... They look out at the pool, just sitting there, and notice how HOT it is outside--(only 50 degrees--I mean that is HOT for a Utah person!)--and wonder...WHY is no one SWIMMING!?!? Well, I am such a wimp that I usually won't even get into the pool until June, because it's too cold! Anyway, the boys were bugging me all day to just let them go swimming--they had put their feet in, and said that the water wasn't that cold--besides, it's HOT outside. I said, "It's WAY too cold! You guys are gonna catch pnemonia!" But they were bugging me and bugging me, so I finally said, "GO FOR IT!" Well, let's just say that when they did finally jump in, they were a little off about how cold it was. It was funny to watch them take that first breath as they came up out of the freezing cold 50 degree water! They were gasping for breath, and man they could not get out of that pool fast enough! Noah was the first one in, then Seth. Mitchell watched them and how cold they were, and had decided not to go in until I told him, "that's okay--your little brothers are just tougher than you are!" He was in within a minute--just for bragging rights! I got some fun pictures--because you know what--they jumped back in like 10 times! Yep, these Utah boys are officially NUTS! Love you guys!








1 comment:

Velma said...

Yuppers...you know that's boys for you...but I remember I jumped into a pool in Palm Springs that was the same...man, I remember the gasp...reminded me of Chevy Chase's movie...Summer Vacation when he jumps in the pool! So funny! I have done that alot of times...like in Tahoe, and Rock Port Lake in March...freaking cold...Ed, me, and his brother & his wife went waterskiing...we were total nuts!! Yuppers...nutty Utahns, and proud of it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...