Tuesday, December 1, 2009

The Night From HE!!~

Last weekend, while we were at my sisters house, Jack was having a hard time sleeping. He didn't feel good, and was coughing all night, and he doesn't sleep well in his bed anyway, but he surely didn't want to sleep in the port-a-crib. Todd and I were sleeping on a twin bed, with a trundle bed pulled out underneath it, with me on the top bed, and him on the trundle. Jack fell asleep with Todd at about 10, while I stayed up late talking to my mom and sister (and Emie, who is quite the night owl these days...). I went to bed around 1 a.m., and moved Jack from Todd's bed to the crib. I had barely settled into my bed when he started crying. As I kicked myself for moving him, (don't I know by now to let a sleeping baby lie???), I got back out of bed and tried to console him. I ended up laying him down next to me and settling in for a VERY long night. You see, Jack is not fun to sleep with--he likes to be CLOSE to me--VERY close--like his head touching my head, and his body touching my body. If I try to move away he immediately wakes up and crys. Not only that, but he was coughing on me like every 10 seconds. I was trying to contort my body into all sorts of unnatural positions to just get comfortable, to no avail. I could NOT get to sleep, and neither could he. We were both tossing and turning, and twice I tried to put him back into his crib--only to have him fall apart and throw a fit. Finally, about 4 a.m., Todd got up and turned on the light. "What the he!! is wrong with him?" he asks. "I have no idea, but I still haven't gotten to sleep tonight--he's driving me crazy." "Ugh...", was all Jack had to say about the matter--binky firmly planted in his mouth. So Todd went out and got him some medicine, and we forced it down his throat--which was NOT pretty either. By 5 a.m. he was FINALLY asleep, and snoring next to my head softly--I, however, still could not sleep in the position I was forced into with him taking up all of my twin size bed. At this point, Todd gets up to go hunting, and I have never been so happy in my life to have him go hunting!!! He couldn't get out of that bed fast enough! Finally, I wiggled my way out of Jack's grasp, and settled down into the lower trundle bed for a good night's rest--at 5:30 a.m.! I was fast asleep and snoring, (evidenced by the big spot of drool on my pillow), when CRASH! Out of nowhere, I woke up to Jack crying, and my cheekbone throbbing in pain. He had fallen off the top bed in his sleep onto my bed, and cracked my cheekbone with the back of his head. After all of 30 min of sleep--Jack was once again in my bed, and we slept in--this time until 8 a.m.. A whole 2 hours of sleep! Having had 6 children--I have had many nights of bad sleep--but man! This one takes the cake--the night from HE!!--and I have the shiner to prove it!

2 comments:

Yvette said...

I so could have wrote this post. It sounds like the night we had in Pima with our 1 year old minus the shiner on the cheek though. Sorry that sounds painful.

Heather said...

wow. let's hope you don't get one of those nights again! that's the pits! that reminds me of the night i tried to get abbie to go back to bed, and had to walk upstairs to get her into bed. i tried to keep my eyes half closed so i wouldn't wake up "all the way"....but on the way down the stairs, i totally missed the last stair and totally belly flopped at the bottom of the stairs! i hit my head on the door and thought "good thing i kept my eyes half closed to not totally wake up, cuz now I'm totally awake AND hurting!" it hurt me and my pride! Mercy....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...