Friday, April 18, 2008

The Love of my Life...

Todd and I have been married almost 15 years. I was 19, and he was 21 when we got married, safe to say that both of us were pretty young and naive! It has been a long road, but I am married to an amazing man. I have seen him struggle to get his education while working a full time job, barely having time to sleep, all so I could stay home with the kids. When he started his first business, the crematory, he would go to work at 4 a.m., then go to his other job at a Funeral Home in Phoenix at 8 a.m., he would go back to the crematory at 5 p.m. and work until sometimes 10 or 11 at night. This time was stressful for both of us, but Todd was so determined that he was going to make something of himself, and he has. I look at the business that he has established now, and the living that he is able to provide his family, and I am truly amazed at how far we have come. His job is stressful and it comes with some drawbacks--look at the picture and you will see Todd's phone on his hip. We forgot to take it off for the picture, but it's just as well, that phone has been a part of him, just as much as his family has for these years. When you are in the funeral business, you are on call 24/7. There have been times we have wanted to throw that phone out the window, or into the ocean! Even with all the demands on his time, I know that he loves his family more than anything, and I am so lucky to have such a wonderful husband, and a terrific father. I couldn't ask for a better man. I love you Todd, with all my heart, you truly are the love of my life!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...