Friday, April 25, 2008

Frustration...

Sometimes I'm so stubborn that even I surprise myself. Today the kids are out of school and Todd took them to the lake. I should be there too, but I lost my keys and couldn't find them this morning. It started out as no big deal, I always find them. Then after an hour of looking, the frustration set in. Todd just wanted to go and take the truck, but I was so adamant about finding those stupid keys (my only set), that I couldn't let myself even think of taking the day off and going to the lake. The thoughts start running through my head like, "how can I be so stupid?", "how can I be so disorganized", "why can't I ever have it all together". So I decided to stay home. I did find them by the way-- with a few prayers after I calmed down. They were in the laundry room, right under the flap that opens where I put my detergent. I forgot I had put in a load of laundry last night when I got home. So here I sit, blogging on a perfectly good day when I could have been at the lake having fun with my family. Lesson??? 1st--always put your keys in the same place, 2nd--keep more than one set of keys around the house, (I will be at the dealership tomorrow getting another key or two made), 3rd--don't be so stubborn--life's too short!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...