Tuesday, July 26, 2011

It's ALL important...

A few months ago, when the Conference Issue of the Ensign came out, I was sitting in the living room one morning reading it, and underlining some of my favorite quotes in each talk as I made my way through them.  When I read, I am an underliner...I know some people keep their scriptures in pristine condition, never marking them up.  I am not one of those people.  Erin took my scriptures to EFY with her on accident, and when she came back she was amazed that on almost every page, my scriptures were marked up, with different colors of pencil (I use a different color each time I read the BofM), and margins were written in with scripture refrences or thoughts I have while I read that particular verse.  For me, it takes awhile to get through the Book of Mormon, because I will get caught up researching a verse, looking up footnotes, and end up spending an hour just on one little chapter.  Anyway, as I did the same thing to my conference issue, Ashlie came over and sat by me, watching what I was doing. She said, "Mom, what are you underlining?"  I said, "Well, when I read the talks by the Apostles and Prophet in this magazine, I try to underline the most important parts, or things that I want or need to remember from each talk."  She seemed unimpressed with my explanation, and a few minutes later, she was gone.  The next day, however, I found an open "Friend" magazine on the couch, open to an article written by President Monson.  My sweet girl had underlined each and every sentence in the two page article.  When I asked her about it, she said, "Well, I thought that it was ALL important to remember."  Out of the mouths of babes...oh man, I love that girl.

2 comments:

Erin said...

This is so true...I wish I was better about being able to soak it all in. You are such a great example to you sweet kids!

Kelsey Stenquist said...

Okay that was so sweet! I love Ashlie, she is so awesome. You're both a great example to all of us!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...