Sunday, July 31, 2011

Utah Part 1...Road Trip & 4th of July...

This year, we decided to schedule Emie and Erin for EFY in July so we could get out of the heat & spend some time with my sister & her family.  We headed up to Utah right after the family reunion ended on Sunday, and got to Richfield on Sunday night. We planned on going to breakfast & getting some treats at Ideal Dairy, (tradition) but with it being the 4th of July, everything in that small town was closed for the festivities.  We had to leave town without our raisin cookies :(  but we figured we could swing back by on our way home.  We got into Provo around noon, and stopped at a store to get Emie and Erin some lunch before we dropped them off at BYU.  When we went into the store, I saw something I could NOT resist--a HUGE jumbo glazed doughnut, just about as big as my head!  Better yet, when I went to buy it--the guy told me that since it was after noon, and it wasn't fresh, he would give it to me for 50 cents!  SCORE!  My kids thought they had died & gone to heaven!  We dropped Emie & Erin off and went out to eat with Todd's sister Katie & her family at Brick Oven--YUM!  My favorite!  You can't go to Provo without a trip to Brick Oven! For me, every trip is about the food!  :)

After lunch, we traveled up to Brigham City, where my sister Wendy lives, and where we stayed for the week.  My poor sister had to have her tonsils out the week before we got there, so she was still in a lot of pain.  She seriously had two HUGE holes in her throat.  Poor thing.  We went to the park, where they had saved a spot for the fireworks display.  My kids were so happy to go to a fireworks show, since the one in Heber had been cancelled.  The kids played for a few hours, and we enjoyed an amazing sunset before the fireworks started, and then there was an amazing fireworks display.  I even got some decent pics!  I LOVE fireworks displays.  There is just something so American about fireworks and the 4th of July.  You hear the patriotic music, and see the fireworks, and my heart just swells with pride for this country, and the freedoms that we enjoy, and the blessed life that we live.  America is just such a special place, and I am so grateful to have been born in this country, where I can dream, and reach for the stars. Where my children have just as much opportunity, or more than I do.  I love this country, and am so grateful for those who died to give me the freedom and opportunities that I have. I am so grateful for that.  Here are some pics...



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...