Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Easter 2010!

This year for Easter, we went up to Payson to be with my sister, Kimbie and her family.  My parents also were able to make the trip!  It was a great Easter weekend, and I love when General Conference falls on Easter as well.  It seems to just add to the spirituality of the whole weekend, and help us to really focus on what is important at Easter time, our Savior, Jesus Christ, and His sacrifice, and resurrection.  I am so grateful when I ponder on His mission here on Earth, and think about the love that He has for each one of us.  Last year, when we visited Israel, and were able to visit the Garden of Gethsemane, I wrote down some of my feelings:
"As I sat and looked at the trees that very well might have been here at the time of Christ, I thought about the apostles and how they slept as Jesus suffered for the sins of the world. How could they have known what he was doing? How could they have comprehended it? It’s hard for us to understand exactly what happened in this place, it’s just so amazing. It’s hard for me to wrap my mind about the magnitude of his suffering, but I am so grateful to him for his sacrifice for my sins. I am especially grateful for his example when he said, “O my Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me: nevertheless not as I will, but as thou wilt.” One of the monuments in the garden had this quote, “O Jesus, in deepest night and agony, you spoke these words of trust and surrender to God the Father in Gethsemane. In love and gratitude, I want to say in times of fear and distress, ‘My Father, I do not understand You, but I trust You.’” I loved that. If I will just trust in my Father in Heaven, even when it’s hard, he will take care of me. Because my Savior suffered, I don't have to.  I will be eternally grateful for Him, that He was willing to do that for me.  Truly, "I Stand All Amazed!"

Of course, this Easter weekend was about fun and family as well.  We went to Kimbie's neighborhood Easter Egg Hunt.  They had the Easter Bunny there, as well as a little petting zoo.  It was great weather, and we had a lot of fun!

Easter Sunday started with another Easter egg hunt, and the Easter Bunny was nice enough to bring all of the kids a notebook and pen so they could take good notes during General Conference!  They all did a great job, and I was sure to bring candy bars along so they would share what they learned with us!  All in all, it was a fun Easter Sunday, with great messages about the true meaning of Easter, and it was great to hear our leaders tell us what we need to know!  I am so grateful for my sister having us all at her house, and that Grandma and Grandpa could make it as well!  We had a great time!

Lastly, check out this picture of a home that's down the street from my sister's house in Payson.  The flag is flying half staff!  I guess the flag has been that way since Obama was elected, and the sign was added when the infamous healthcare bill was passed!  I don't know about you, but I think it's something many of us are thinking...but don't want to say.  It takes some guts to express your political views so publicly!  I wonder what kind of feedback they have gotten?  Interesting...

1 comment:

Tawni said...

How fun for you guys!
I LOVE LOVE your header!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...