Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Easter at Grandma's...

We went to Grandma and Grandpa Metzger's house for Easter this year with Kimbie and Christian's family. It's fun to get the cousins together--and they all love to see Koda (some of you remember he used to be our dog--but we gave him to Grandma). He is alive and well, and spoiled rotten. They love that dog so much (more than they ever loved me J/K :-) ! Grandpa even shares his Oreos with him--now that's love! It was tons of fun--we played games, colored eggs, the kids made a bunny cake with Grandma, and hung out. I seriously ate way too much this weekend--about 4 pounds too much--ugh! Back on the yo yo!
We went to a wonderful Sacrament meeting with a beautiful talk about the Atonement of Jesus Christ. It truly made me want to live better, and try to be a better person for His sake. I am so grateful for the knowledge of a Savior in my life, who loves me and wants to help me to make it back to my Father in Heaven. That is what life is all about. Thanks everyone for a wonderful Easter holiday!My sister Wendy's birthday was always around Easter time--so this was her birthday tradition. She wasn't here with us, but we thought of you as we ate it Wendy--happy birthday Sis! Love you!This is the coolest thing EVER for little kids. You just put the dye in there and put the egg in and they push the top thing to spin it around and get different colors on the egg. It looks so cool, and even the youngest kids can do it. Best of all--it's not as much MESS!Don't they look awesome! So easy and quick!The older kids did theirs the old fashioned way--and made a BIG MESS!But they still turned out great! Good job guys!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...