Friday, April 3, 2009

To Kill a Mockingbird...

I remember reading this book in school...but don't really remember what the title has to do with the book. All I know is that it is 1:20 a.m. right now, and the stupid mockingbird in the tree in our backyard is driving me CRAZY. Jack keeps waking up at night, and none of us are sleeping as much as we should. Todd has one assignment this weekend, and one assignment only. The hunt for that freaking mockingbird is ON--I don't care how he does it--but that mockingbird must DIE. Todd will be happy--he will have to buy a new gun, I don't think the neighbors would appreciate his using a rifle for this problem. A new airsoft gun should do the trick. So if you hear gunshots coming from our house--don't be alarmed. Todd is just taking care of something in the back yard so that we can SLEEP IN on Sunday! If you are an animal lover, and feel sorry for this poor mockingbird--feel free to stop by anytime, climb our tree, and give this little bird (with a HUGE voice) a new home--at YOUR house! Sorry if you're offended by the picture--but I thought it was SO funny! (I haven't had much sleep lately...can you tell?)

6 comments:

Kathy @ Real Mom, Real Life said...

Ha! I know the feeling! We have a pesky woodpecker that perches right outside our window and pecks ON OUR HOUSE at 5:00am. drives me nuts!

Natalie said...

Todd and my dad would get along well. I remember when I was growing up, my dad handling pesky birds in a similar manner. Having a good nights sleep goes a long ways. How has Todd been in YM's for so long without an air gun? I thought that was a required piece of equipment in that organization. :)

VESTA said...

AMEN!!!!mom

Erin said...

Good luck with the extermination!! The picture is pretty hilarious, and the book is one of my faves as well...

Sharla said...

Or I can just loan you my cat for a week. He's great at catching birds. The only downside--he leaves the feathers spread all over the lawn.

Velma said...

Good luck...sometimes we get a woodpecker here too. The Magpies use to be a real problem, but now they aren't. Thank goodness.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...