Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Race to the Finish...

So a few years ago, we were at a family Christmas party, and a few of Todd's cousins were showing off books they had made with a program called "Booksmart" that you download at Blurb.com.  They were really the COOLEST thing!  I have never been a scrapbooker.  I don't have the patience to sit and cut pictures, and make layouts, and buy all the supplies that go along with it.  Anytime I thought about scrapbooking it made me want to go into a corner and roll up into a ball and rock back and forth.  I am just not a crafty person.  But, THIS was AWESOME!  The best part?  Blurb software has a feature where they can "SLURP" your blogs into the book, pictures and text, and all you have to do is figure out a background and a font, and BINGO--a few pages are DONE!  Now this is my type of scrapbooking!  The first year, I had a cousin, Tawni, make mine for me--and it turned out GREAT!  She still makes them--you'll find her link on my sidebar.  Last year, I decided to learn the program myself, and I worked on it all year, so by January, I basically just had to hit "send" and upload and print it.  This year has been different!  You already know it has been a stressful year for our family.  At the end of this year, I had not ONE page done for my yearly blog book--(and last year's book was 450 pages...if that gives you an idea) even worse?  I have a Groupon that I bought that gives me $60 off my blog that expires on FEB. 10!  AAAAAGGGHHH!  I tell you, I have been working around the clock like a MAD woman trying to get this sucker done.  It will be a race to the finish--and it may not turn out as nice or as fancy as my other two books--but it will only cost me $100--and THAT my friends is MY type of scrapbooking!  If you're a blogger--you NEED this software!  Easy to learn--and so great to have all of my blogs in PRINT!  YAY ME!
Here's the website: http://www.blurb.com/

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...