Thursday, December 6, 2012

Life is just Crazy...

I haven't been the best at blogging lately--not because I quit enjoying it or anything, but because I'm finding it hard to have positive things to say.  I'm in a little funk.  Okay, it might be worse than that--I guess it's been worse than that for awhile.  It's hard for someone to admit it to themselves, even harder for someone to admit it publicly, but I haven't been emotionally okay for some time.  I realized this when I was starting my 2010 book, and reading over my blog posts, and comparing them to 2009. It has been a hard couple of years for our family.  And yes, blog stalker from Oklahoma, you were responsible for that.  While you were off having lots of fun with your new girlfriend, buying her a house, and a new truck, and all sorts of fun trips, at our expense, we were having our life turned upside down.  In his letter to my lawyer it said:  "Despite Tami's blog assertions to the contrary this has not been some grand slick conspiracy concocted to screw them out of their funeral home. It is just a business deal that failed."  Whatever you say.  You had every opportunity to make it right, and you didn't.  Your lack of integrity has caused this problem, and the only reason we're still fighting this fight in court is to make damn sure you aren't allowed to screw anyone else like you did us.  I don't care if I ever see a penny from you, as long as your credit is destroyed, and you have a nice little million dollar judgement on your record to prevent you from buying another business from some poor schmuck who you tell, 'You're going to have to participate in some of the risk with us".  Blah.

Today, we got more bad news.  We filed to have a writ served to seize assets at the funeral home to help to satisfy our judgement.  This writ was going to be served by the sherriff's office tomorrow, until they got word that we couldn't proceed, because they got a lawyer here to file a motion to stop the seizure of assets indefinitely.  What a nightmare.  Further, we found out that they are planning on suing US now for the non compete clause in our contract, even though the 5 years is now OVER.  What a joke.  We will probably now be stuck defending a lawsuit, even while trying to collect on our judgement here and in Oklahoma.  The justice system sucks.  There is no justice here in America--because the legal system is a bureaucratic, hellish nightmare! The lawyers and the judges make out just fine, because the rest of us get screwed.  A dispute that should take an hour to solve, like ours, takes YEARS because of the incompetence of the legal system, and the utter ridiculous nature of the process.  Thank God Todd didn't decide to become a lawyer.  I have little or no respect for the lawyers, or the legal process in this country.  It is a mess.

Long story short, I have decided now to make my blog private.  I'm not sure I had many readers left anyway, but I can't risk my entire life, pictures, personal thoughts and information getting into the hands of the scumbags who seek to do us more harm than they already have.  That, and if you haven't noticed--I have a hard time not speaking my mind freely.  I am not interested in sugarcoating my situation, or my life and wrapping it all up in some pretty little bow for the public just so I don't have to worry about getting sued.  I'd like to be able to write my feelings without thoughts of harm or retribution for the words I use, or the feelings I express.  It is MY blog after all.  I also feel like someday, my children will look at these thoughts and feelings over the last few years, and see that their mom tried to do her best to make it through whatever trial came with my faith and testimony intact.  I don't know why we have to pass through this hellish nightmare.  I don't know why we ever felt we should sell the funeral home to these rotten scumbag idiots from Oklahoma.  Every day, I wonder what went wrong, why we didn't see them for what they are. How could we have been so blind, and foolish to not recognize that we were being played? What I do know, however, is that I am not a quitter.  I am not going to give up, I am not going to fall down without getting back up.  I was not put on this Earth with such a strong opinion, and such a strong voice to be silenced, bullied, or pushed around by cowards who hide from their obligations and responsibilities.

I was listening to my favorite, Tim McGraw the other day, and I just loved this song.  It expresses all that I'm feeling right now.  We have been knocked down--over and over the last few years.  But we will continue to get up to fight another day.  We were not put on this earth to fail.  Right now, I can't see all that God has in store for us--but I know we will be blessed if we remain faithful.  For that, I am grateful.

1 comment:

ed said...

I am so sad/mad this is happening to you guys and with no immediate end in sight. What a nightmare. You are often in my thoughts and prayers.
Love you Tami!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...