Friday, November 9, 2012

Election 2012...

Blogging lately is just something I can't find the time, or the energy to do. One of the reasons is that it honestly made me sick to discover that the people involved in our lawsuit were spying on me and  reading my blog. Talk about creepy. I did, however want to share my thoughts on the historic election that we just had:  These two beautiful girls were on the right side--even though it turned out to be the side that was defeated.  Smart girls.
I want my children and grandchildren to know, when they look back at this historic, important time in our country's history, that we stood on the side of freedom, and liberty.  Mitt Romney is an amazing man,  someone who I believe was uniquely qualified to lead this nation during this time of deep fiscal crisis. I was shocked, with the country being in such terrible economic shape, that people couldn't see the forest through the trees, and voted not on the issues of the day--the impending fiscal disaster, but instead on their own pet issues, whether they be gay marriage, immigration, legalized marijuana, abortion, higher taxes, entitlements, socialized medicine, etc. I was also surprised that people of faith voted more for the abortion, and gay marriage candidate, than the family values candidate.  I think when we look back on this election, we will see the turning point where our people have become morally corrupt, and morally bankrupt, and therefore vote for a leader who promises them the moon, knowing full well he won't be able to deliver on those promises. It reminds me of a scripture in the Book of Mormon:

Helaman 5:2-3
"For as their laws and their governments were established by the voice of the people, and they who chose evil were more numerous than they who chose good, therefore they were ripening for destruction, for the laws had become corrupted.
Yea, and this was not all; they were a stiffnecked people, insomuch that they could not be governed by the law nor justice, save it were to their destruction."

Right now we are at a turning point in this great country.  We have a choice between freedom and bondage, liberty and tyranny--and I pray to God that the people of this country will wake up and repent before it's too late to save the way of life that we enjoy. I want my posterity to know that I tried my best to stand on the side of truth and righteousness during an election period that was especially bitter and ugly.  I will also try my best to keep up the fight for right, and the fight for truth so that this nation and its people can have the blessings of God in this land, and be under his protective and watchful care.  I know that can only happen if our people turn from their wicked and perverse ways, and humble ourselves.  Regardless, I want to live my life in faith, not fear--and I refuse to believe that this nation will crumble and fall like so many before it.  This is God's promised land, and He will help us to save it if we will ask Him.

One last quote that I found particularly interesting:

“A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves largesse from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most benefits from the public treasury with the result that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy, always followed by a dictatorship. The average age of the world's greatest civilizations has been 200 years.”

And another: “America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great.”  

--Alexis de Tocqueville (author of Democracy in America)


A sobering thought indeed. May we live to be worthy of the blessings of a loving Heavenly Father.  We're going to need them!



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...