Friday, May 4, 2012

I'm Burned Out...

So, it's 12:04 a.m., and I'll be danged if I don't have a million more things to do today, but I really, REALLY need to be sleeping!  The last few weeks of school are crazy busy for me.  They always are, with end of the year concerts, piano recitals, end of spring sports, etc.  Not to mention the last projects and tests that need to be taken before the school year is done.  Abby's teacher threw out a zinger of an assignment for the last few weeks of class.  The kids are making a "6th grade memory book"--which means in essence--I am making a 6th grade memory book since my Abby wants it to be cute and darling, and well...special.  Bless her heart, it's not her fault, but can I just tell you how much I hate school projects that are due in the last few weeks of May? Ugh... For me, summer might as well begin after AIMS, because that's about when the kids (and I), stop trying all together, and just hope for the best.  No one wants to get up anymore in the morning, no one wants to study, no one does their homework--and I am sick and tired of reminding them--so I basically give up. There, I admit it. That summer itch is here, and it is REAL, and man am I ready!  What's funny is, if you read my blog come August 1, you will for sure be hearing how I am READY for my kids to go BACK to school!  So summer is great, and fabulous, and amazing, and I can't wait--but lest you think that I would homeschool my children at a moment's notice--I am not a saintly woman.  I can only take them for so long--and summer is just about that long! So 18 days from now, I will be a HAPPY camper, and so will my kids...for a few days.  Then reality will sink in, and I will realize that even though I don't have to deal with early mornings, and homework, and assignments--I DO have to deal with the 6 kids that I brought into this world, and their amazing talent of making a huge MESS of my house, on a daily basis, without any thought as to WHO is going to clean it up!  (Actually, they think about it--they just think that the answer is MOM).  And you know what?  I'm going to try to take a deep breath, and enjoy every minute that we are together, because you know what?  It goes FAST!  Emie is a Junior next year, and Erin a Sophomore, and holy CRAP, they are going to be done so quickly!  Time flies...

Speaking of spring, and recitals--my girls had one a few weeks ago.  I just LOVE our new piano teacher, and so do my girls.  Best part?  She comes to my house--and I don't have to remember!  YAY!  Proud of these girls for sticking it out in piano--even though it's just one more thing their mom fights with them about--and one more thing that burns them out!! We have had HORRIBLE piano recitals--(see that link HERE)--but my children are really maturing (*GASP* Incredible, I know)!  They are amazing, and wonderful, and I love them! 









1 comment:

Kelsey Stenquist said...

Ahh they're so beautiful!!! Miss you all so much! Its a good thing I can count on you to blog frequently so I can stay updated with you guys!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...