Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Valentines Day Dinner...

We had a fantastic Valentines Day Dinner with all of my favorite people!  The kids loved the fancy table settings, and fake candlelight.  They especially love the plastic wine glasses I found, since they don't have to be so careful--and I don't freak out when we use them.  I sure love these guys--even though sometimes I seem to lose the fun that should go along with parenting.  We are here to have fun, and find joy after all. One of my favorite authors, Erma Bombeck, said this:
"I remember thinking how often we look, but never see ... we listen, but never hear ... we exist, but never feel. We take our relationships for granted. A house is only a place. It has no life of its own. It needs human voices, activity and laughter to come alive."
I don't want my house to be "only a place".  When my children look back and think about our house growing up, I hope they remember that along with the drudgery of housework, homework, and laundry, we also had a lot of fun along the way!  I hope that they enjoy the ride!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...