Sunday, November 13, 2011

Turkey Day is Around the Corner...

So I shouldn't have been surprised when Ashlie came home with this cute little turkey cut out to decorate, after all, at least one of the children bring one home every year! I know projects you do with your kids are meant to be fun, but sometimes, it can also create even more anxiety in a mom who's almost gone over the edge to begin with! Ashlie brought this little turkey home a week ago, and it was supposed to be turned in by Wednesday last week. The sweet girl that she is, Ashlie never forgot about that dang thing. I kept putting it aside, and forgetting about it all day, but she would kindly remind me after school that we needed to decorate her turkey. I kept putting her off, saying I would go to Michaels and find some adorable feathers, or some fabric so we could make that turkey as cute as could be, but low and behold, something would come up every day, and this mom would forget AGAIN. This week, I was supposed to do something for Erin too, that I kept forgetting about, and on Saturday she says to me, "Mom, you aren't very dependable." You want to know my reply? I said, "Erin, if it has taken you 14 years to figure that one out, I think I am doing better than I thought!" No, I am NOT very dependable, I realize that I forget things WAY too often, and we are quite often late to things, if we get there at all. I realize that I am NOT the mother of the year, but I do try hard to at least get most of the things done that are on my list, without too much chaos, and you know what else? I am doing my best.  Finally, late on Sunday night, after a long weekend, we finished Ashlie's turkey with nothing cute from Michaels, as I never had a chance to get over there, but with a package of 13 bean soup from the pantry, cause that's all this crafty (NOT) girl had on hand. You know what else? It's the cutest little bean turkey you ever saw. Last minute style--it's my favorite sometimes. Yeah, that's how I roll--and I think the smile on her face tells you, it's good enough for her!  :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...