Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Utah Part 3...Picnic Time!...

By the end of the week, my sister was feeling a little better, so we decided to get her out of the house & go on a picnic.  The great thing about Utah, is you don't have to drive very far to find a beautiful place to picnic!  10 minutes from Wendy's house was a campground with a little creek running through it for the kids to play in (and try to catch snakes...ew!).  We had a great time visiting, and the kids had fun playing in the water and goofing off.  I froze my feet, and tried to walk in the water, but my feet are sensitive!  I couldn't believe those kids could run around on all the rocks & not ever complain that their feet hurt.  I guess it helps when you go barefoot all summer, and your feet are like leather.  I remember those days.  Those were drink out of the hose, and don't go in 'till it's dark days.  How I miss those days sometimes...  Anyways, after the kids got all messy in the creek, we took them to the hotel to swim and get clean while Wendy went home and started the grill & grilled steaks and made the BEST cheesy scalloped potatoes.  I cannot get them out of my mind.  I ate WAY too much of them, since I don't think I've had them since high school!  I tried (unsuccessfully) to make them when I got home, and decided that I just need to get her recipe.  They were to die for!  Wendy's husband, Owen is actually going to finish his Culinary Arts degree in August, and he is the chef of the family, (and made us some AWESOME food...) but my sister can make some mean scalloped potatoes!  YUM! 
I was glad she was feeling better, and that we were able to spend some time in the great outdoors.  We Arizonans don't get out much during the summer months--unless we're lounging by the pool, which isn't as often as I would like!  Utah is BEAUTIFUL during the summer, and I just love it there in July.  We are for sure going back next year--same time!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...