Sunday, August 14, 2011

My Erin is 14--YAY!...

Since I went down memory lane a few weeks ago with Abby, I was a little nostalgic & dug out some of my favorite pics of my Erin and scanned them in.  Erin was born on July 17, 1997.  I remember the night before she was born, we went out with Todd's family to Native New Yorker, who had 10 cent wings back then, so we had a cheap dinner of hot wings & lots of soda.  I think it was the spicy food that got my contractions going.  I was actually overdue, so I was so excited!  We dropped Emie off with Todd's parents, then headed over to the hospital around midnight.  I remember crying on the way to the hospital, feeling bad that Emie (only 21 months old) didn't know what was coming!  Poor baby wasn't going to be the center of our universe anymore!  How could I possibly share my time and love between two babies?  Wouldn't you know it, by the time the doctor came in at 6 a.m., my contractions were few and far between, but we begged him to break my water and let me stay anyway, and he did.  5 hours later, this beautiful baby was born, weighing in at 8 lbs. 11 oz..  As soon as I saw her, and held her close to me, I knew that I had plenty of love to give another beautiful baby.  Todd chose the name Erin, since I had chosen Emie's name, and it fit her just perfectly.
And what do you think I was hungry for after I had her?  Well, ice cream of course!  Are you sensing a pattern here?  YUM!
Erin's blessing day--6 weeks old.
 Emie loved her little sister--sometimes way too much!
 She's going to kill me for this one--but c'mon--isn't she the CUTEST!  4 months
 Erin was ALWAYS smiling!  She still has the most beautiful smile!

Halloween, 1 year old
 My favorite, at Luna Lake, 1 year old




Oceanside, 3 years old



This girl has always been the life of the PARTY~!




 It sure has been a JOY to raise this little girl!  Erin has always been a happy, loving, caring child.  The other thing this girl has always been is a little bit (or a LOT) of TROUBLE!  From the earliest age, she was always getting into mischief, although her redeeming quality has always been that huge grin she gets across her face when she gets caught doing something she knows she ought not be doing!  One thing that's amazing about Erin, though, even when she gets caught, she is honest to a tee.  She has never been deceiving, or tried to lie to cover herself.  She is always straight forward, and she is who she is, and that's what she expects of others too.  One thing Erin can't stand is someone who's fake.  She is genuine, and real, and wants friends who are too.  I am glad she has found some of those!  Including her cousins--who she just LOVES! 

We started the morning with Erin's QT donut birthday cake--and since it's close to the 4th of July, who needs candles, when you have SPARKLERS!  Note to self...to hand a 3 year old a sparkler, and not tell him it's HOT is not a good idea!  Jack grabbed the flame part of it and burned his thumb and forefinger right after this picture!  OUCH!  Poor little guy!
Erin's birthday fell on a Sunday this year, so we went to church after breakfast, and there wasn't much fanfare--but two of her sweet friends, Cole and Tyeler came over that night to give her her very own HUGE pizookie, and a darling bracelet!  Also, we had David, Karin, Traci, and their families over for the little birthday party.

Plus, Erin will LOVE that I got video of her spanking machine this year!  I think Traci got the best of her, but she was a pretty brave girl to go through this thing!  (I refuse that dang spanking machine every year...I am a WEENIE!)  Erin is nothing if she isn't BRAVE!  Love this girl!  Happy Birthday Princess!  We love you SO much!



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...