Wednesday, April 6, 2011

It's HARD to be 3!...

Here are some of the adventures of JACK of late:
* He LOVES the new movie Tangled...but hates the part at the end where he cuts her hair.  When it comes to that part--he is no where to be found!  HA!
* He still loves to sing IRONMAN!
* He still will NOT wear underwear...and refuses to even wear a pull-up.  I'm not sure how I'm going to potty train this kid when he is so freaky about having his diaper on exactly the right way.  He freaks out if it's not tight enough on him.  Oh well, maybe this summer he'll have to go NAKED!
* He loves to say "Superman, TO THE RESCUE!" when he's in his towel after a bath, or when he has on his Superman pajamas!
* He still loves Toy Story, and BUZZ!
* He has a new babysitter that has been coming on Fridays so that I can go to the temple...(believe me, she has been sent from HEAVEN)!  She is from Peru, and married her sweetheart, and left her family, but needs a job, so I have been having her babysit Jack for me.  He ADORES her!  Plus, he sounds like a pro when he speaks Spanish with a perfect accent.  Love hearing him say "Como estas!"
* He has the WORST habits because of my laziness in dealing with him as the last baby!  He won't go to sleep unless he's in my bed.  Even if I put him in his bed while he's sleeping, he's usually back between us within an hour or two.
* He eats whatever he wants, whenever he wants, just because we're happy that he'll eat ANYTHING!  The boy is nothing but skin and bones!
* Last night he watched Monsters Inc. before we went to bed, and he was laying in my bed under the covers whining.  I was like, "What's wrong?"  He says, "I'm SCARED".  "Scared of what?"  I ask.  "Scared of the DOOR!" , he says pointing to my shut door.  I'm sure he thought the monsters were coming through it at any moment!  Oh the 3 year old imagination!
* Some days, usually right before bedtime, or scripture study, this is how we find Jack:
Have I told you that we LOVE this boy!  With his wavy brown hair and his sweet face--who wouldn't love him! (That sneaky girl next to him with those gorgeous brown eyes is pretty cute too...I'm just sayin').   Even though I'm glad he's my last, I just wish time would slow down and he wouldn't grow so FAST!  Man, those people who told me it goes too fast were RIGHT!  I just want to remember how much I do love this stage, and how adorable a 3 year old really is (when they're not in trouble...which is fully 70% of the time).  More importantly, when I hear the thud of him getting out of bed above my bedroom and the pitter patter of his little feet RUNNING across the floor, as he makes his way down the stairs and I hear him slam my door and run over to my bed, I can't tell you how much LOVE I feel for this little guy!  As he snuggles in, I hold him close, knowing that this won't last--and I didn't snuggle my bigger ones nearly enough.  Man, do I regret that.  They all sleep in their own beds now...wouldn't you know it, and I don't hear from them in the middle of the night much.  I want to soak it all up, and drink it all in--life is too short...and the longer I live, the more I realize how true that really is!  I found this little story today and thought it was my life in a nutshell--(except for the coffee--but you can just substitute "Coke Zero)...
If You Give a Mom a Muffin

If you give a mom a muffin,
She'll want a cup of coffee to go with it.
So she'll pour herself some.
The coffee will get spilled by her three year old.
She'll wipe it up.
Wiping the floor, she will find some dirty socks.
She'll remember she has to do some laundry.
When she puts the laundry in the washer,
She'll trip over some snow boots and bump into the freezer.
Bumping into the freezer will remind her she has to plan supper for tonight.
She will get out a pound of hamburger.
She'll look for her cookbook. (101 Things To Make With a Pound of
Hamburger.)
The cookbook is sitting under a pile of mail.
She will see the phone bill which is due tomorrow.
She will look for the checkbook.
The checkbook is in her purse that is being dumped out by her three year old.
She'll smell something funny.
She'll change the three year old.
While she is changing the three year old the phone will ring. (Of course!)
Her five year old will answer it and hang up.
She remembers that she wants to phone a friend to come over for coffee on
Friday.
Thinking of coffee will remind her that she was going to have a cup.
She will pour herself some.
And chances are,
If she has a cup of coffee,
Her kids will have eaten the muffin that went with it.
Written by Kathy Fictorie
I LOVED that!  Truth is, my life is CRAZY, and HECTIC, but I wouldn't change it for the world!  Did I know what I was getting into when I signed up for this parenting thing?  NOPE.  Do I regret it?  NEVER.  Truth is, my children make me proud every day--every one of them.  I am so grateful to be a mother!  My cup truly runneth over...(can you tell today was a VERY good day)!

1 comment:

Huston Family said...

Man I can't believe how big he's getting! Love that angelic face!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...