Tuesday, April 5, 2011

General Conference Fireside!...

So this has been a tradition for General Conference in Todd's family for as long as we can remember.  You take notes in conference, write down your thoughts & we all meet together & share our favorite talks or quotes from conference.  Even the littlest kids get up and share something they have practiced (unless they're named Jack, and they choke and won't say even a word that you rehearsed with them...)HA!  No, but seriously, Grandma and Grandpa bring candy bars and each person that shares a thought gets a candy bar.  I LOVE this tradition!  Even my teenagers are diligent in taking notes so that they don't look like an idiot up there & they know their stuff!  The cutest this year was Karin's 4 year old Stosh--who got up and sang "Follow the Prophet" all by himself!  He was adorable! This year, we were gone to sporting events during Saturday conference, so on Sunday, we had a Conference MARATHON at our house & watched all 8 hours!  What a spiritual feast!  I especially loved President Hollands talk about what a MIRACLE General Conference is!  I am SO grateful that twice a year we get to listen to instruction, suited for OUR DAY from a Prophet, Thomas S. Monson, and Apostles of the Savior Jesus Christ.  There were so many talks that spoke directly to my heart, and reassured me that everything will be ok, and all I need to do is continue to be faithful, and trust in the Lord.  I was reminded once again, that I need to live in FAITH and not in FEAR.  Even with the turmoil going on all around me, all I need to do is live the gospel, and do my best to serve others and keep the commandments, and I know that my Heavenly Father will protect me and bless me. I am so grateful for the gospel, and for General Conference!  Here are a few pics of our LITTLE get together...(okay, so 50 people isn't little...is it)!


P.S. I'm not bragging--but can I tell you that I have the BEST nieces and nephews around?  They are ALL so amazing!  Love these guys! (Oh, and their parents, and grandparents aren't bad either!)

1 comment:

Erin said...

That is an amazing tradition! What a blessing your family is.
p.s. I don't think you are bragging, I think taking note of positive things is what we should be doing! Someday we'll have to chat about it...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...