Monday, April 4, 2011

ARMED & DANGEROUS! ...

So a few months ago, I found a new chore system, the link is HERE.  It's a free website that keeps track of your kids chores & you assign points for each one.  They can cash in the points for rewards, or just money.  I LOVE it that I don't have to keep on them.  It is up to them to go in each day & mark off the points they got that day.  It has really been great since we are trying to sell our house, and well, I need a LOT of help around here!  Anyway, last week Josh cashed in 3 months of savings for his very first Red Ryder BB Gun!  He was SO excited!  BB guns scare me a little--I get flashbacks of running through a field from my friends house to my house and Kevin Bryce chasing us with a BB Gun shooting at us...I think we were like 10 years old!  Anyone who knows who I'm talkin about could totally picture that too!  Man those BB's sting!  But I gave in, I mean what's gonna happen...will he shoot his eye out?!?  I think Todd was even more excited than he was!  When I went out to take these pics of Todd teaching Josh to shoot the gun & hit the target, I just loved the boyish look on his face. It was truly like he was a kid again!  I love seeing that twinkle in his eye, and that smile on his face.  Truth is, it's been a hard couple of months (year) around here with the lawsuit and everything. Todd feels so much pressure right now, especially since the Funeral Home hasn't paid us what they owe us for over a year, the store is closing, and on top of that, he can't open a business, or get a job doing what he knows and is trained to do, because of a no compete clause in the same contract that they are breaking.  How ridiculous is that?  He has been applying for jobs, and trying to figure things out, but man, is it a lot of pressure on him.  I sure love him, and believe in him, and I know in time things will work out--it is just difficult to watch someone you love struggle, without really being able to help.  For him to spend a few hours hanging out with Josh, and teaching him the in's and out's of BB gun safety was just what the doctor ordered!  I sure love both these boys! 

P.S. If you're a poor little pigeon...WATCH OUT--this guy's dad calls pieons RATS--and told Josh he could shoot as many pigeons as he wants!  OY!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...