Monday, September 13, 2010

Slowing me down...

I don't know why really, but lately God is trying to tell me something.  I must be needing to learn patience, or learn to stop and smell the roses or something--because He's really trying to slow me down.  Last week, I went to play a friendly game of church volleyball with my ward.  I begged Emie to come with me & promised her some fun playing time.  She didn't want to come play with "a bunch of old people".  I was totally talking TRASH to her, like, "Are you kidding me--us OLD people can still play volleyball--we're OLD not DEAD!"  and "I was on a state champion volleyball team--don't you think I KNOW how to play volleyball???"  She still wasn't convinced, but agreed to come anyway.  Then, in the first 5 minutes of the game, I got my first hit and came down a little funny and CRACK--I hear a pop in my foot.  It wasn't my ankle, but the middle of my foot on the top---I swear I heard my bones break!  I tried to "walk it off"--Ummmm...in what world has that ever worked?  It didn't.  So I sat out the rest of that game & one other.  After an hour, it had really started to swell...and HURT!  My sweet Emie (without even gloating by the way....) carried her OLD and CRIPPLED mother out to the car on her back!  Yes, my dignity was pretty much shot!  That night I was in a lot of pain--so I really thought it might be broken.  Todd took me in the next day for an X-ray--and luckily it wasn't fractured.  Doesn't this remind you of another post...HERE?  UGH!  What is it the Lord is trying to teach me?

You mean I'm not 16 anymore?  When did that happen?  I guess I need to start acting my age and give my poor body a break--or it might break--literally!  Funny thing?  Our 1/2 marathon training officially started last week!  I wonder if I'll be able to catch up???  It might be Todd on his own this year...since HE left me on my own last year...that post is HERE!  I'll keep you posted!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...