Thursday, September 9, 2010

Making Bread...

So, we made all of that apricot jam a few weeks ago, and I'm not gonna lie--that stuff turned out AMAZING!  So amazing in fact, that I went and bought more fruit and berries last week to make even more!  I made peach/raspberry, plain raspberry, and a mixed berry jam with strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, and blackberries that is to DIE for!  I also went CRAZY and canned 28 jars of pears as well.  I don't know if I'll do that again--it was way more work than the apricots! 

Well, what good is all that JAM without any bread to put it on?!  So last Sunday I dusted off the Bosch and we went to work!  It's been WAY too long since I've made bread--(stupid low-carb diets) but it really turned out great & tasted awesome with the homemade jam!  The kids like to make their own little loaves, and it is amazing even with as much as they tear it up and roll it and demolish it and drop it on the floor a few times... it still manages to make a halfway decent little loaf of bread (that only THEY will eat)!  If you get some homemade bread or jam from us--we must really like you, cause I'm being kinda stingy with it!  That stuff is a lot of WORK!

1 comment:

Erin said...

hmm. I will take that as a hint. Love you too Tami!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...