Thursday, March 4, 2010

Validation...

Update: I was talking to my sister in law about this post--and she told me about this little short film she had seen on You Tube called Validation. I think it's not just mothers who want to be validated--it's everyone. When was the last time you sincerely complimented someone? When was the last time you really listened to what they had to say? When was the last time you made someone smile? This little film was 15 minutes--but I think they said a lot in that amount of time! Loved it!

Wikipedia defines Validation this way:
In psychology and human communication, validation is the reciprocated communication of respect which communicates that the other's opinions are acknowledged, respected, heard, and (regardless whether or not the listener actually agrees with the content), they are being treated with genuine respect as a legitimate expression of their feelings, rather than marginalized or dismissed.

Sometimes, as a mother, a little validation can go a LONG way. Just because I became a mother doesn't mean my brain fell out of my head. A little respect, a little appreciation, and a little validation--is that too much for a mother to ask?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...