Monday, February 22, 2010

TERRIBLE TWO!!...

Can I just tell you that I forgot (again) how TERRIBLE two actually is? I don't know why I don't remember, but each time I get to another 2 year old, I can't believe how rotten they really are. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the baby stage, which tells you why I have 6 kids--they are SO precious, and needy, and smell so good, and I just can't help but want to hold and cuddle them. This stage--from about 2-4, I could just give them away. I am no good at dealing with tantrums, and screaming fits, and the freakouts. My nerves just can't handle it, and patience is NOT my best virtue. So Jack was a little pill last week for our photo shoot--and he just drove me crazy. He was done after about 10 minutes, and just wanted to GO. There was no reasoning, no making him happy, even though we were all trying to bribe him with treats and what not (at least when they turn 3 or 4 that works a little better). He was just DONE. So I took some of my own pictures on the way home from the photo session--in the car--while he was FREAKING out! I know it's mean, but these kids need to know what I had to put up with when they were ALL 2 years old. WOW--you're all lucky we kept you around & didn't just give you away. I swear two year olds are possessed with a demon sometimes! Check out this pathetic little boy--(not even a tear in his eye!)what happened to my SWEET BABY??? Then, on Wednesday, (the next night), he was in full blown tantrum stage again while I was trying to do dishes and clean the kitchen. He wanted me to hold him, but I was almost done, so he walked out of the kitchen crying, and I figured he was downstairs playing with Josh. About 20 minutes later, I was trying to round all the kids up to read scriptures and it was eerily quiet. Josh and Abby came up from downstairs, and I asked them where Jack was...ummm...they hadn't seen him. Ashlie had fallen asleep on the bean bag in the family room, and Todd and the girls were at mutual. Josh, Abby and I began looking around for Jack. After searching the house, all the rooms, and all the closets, and yelling for him--he was NOWHERE to be found! At this point, I start freaking out myself! We checked all the bedrooms again and I started walking the streets outside, thinking maybe he escaped again? Todd and the girls got home and started looking as well. So Todd goes into our room, and pulls back the covers on our bed and finally found him--asleep under the covers. Poor little guy had given up on me, comforted himself & fell asleep! I swear I had walked by my bed 20 times & not seen so much as a lump--but Jack IS a little guy! OY! I was so relieved and we really were happy to find him! We still love this boy--even if he is TERRIBLE TWO!

1 comment:

Huston Family said...

I've lost my kids so many times I can't count. We even called the police once. He found Emily asleep under a pile of clothes! Sad huh?!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...