Monday, February 8, 2010

Girl's Night Out! Our Favorite Things!

Last year, we started a new tradition--copied from a cousin's blog (thanks Tyler!). It's like Oprah's Favorite Things show, where she picks her favorite things and then gives one to everyone. Last year, I just brought my favorite things--(see that post HERE) but this year we decided to do it where everyone brought a favorite thing for everyone else. I LOVED it! I was like a kid at Christmas waiting to see what the next person brought! We did it around Valentines Day, since that way we were sure to get something for Valentines! I loved that the things everyone brought were so different, and I loved ALL of them! I LOVED just being together with the beautiful, amazing, creative, & talented women that are in my family! I especially LOVED having Sue there, and Kristy there--it was great to ALL be together! You are all so awesome, and you make me want to be better when I am with you! Thanks so much for such a fun night and for sharing some of your favorite things with us! What a GREAT tradition! Here are some of our favorite things this year:







This isn't actually the necklace I gave--I didn't buy one for me, but I tried to recreate this necklace (my favorite) with a string of pearls, with a flower pin attached. You can buy both at Icing--or the pearls at Downeast Basics, and I think they turned out pretty cute and you can change out the flowers to different colors--or just wear the beads alone!


5 comments:

Kathy @ Real Mom, Real Life said...

I remember this from last year... I LOVE the idea. I may have to start it up with the girls in our family.

Do you include moms? or just sisters?

Tami said...

Kathy, We included Todd's mom & all the sisters & sis-in-laws from his side. There were 10 of us in all!

Tawni said...

that sounds like such a fun idea!

Deals to Meals said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Heather said...

I love that! Jessica showed me all her stuff MOnday night. I wish I could start that up with my family. Too bad we don't have family here! That's so neat that you are all sisters and friends!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...