Friday, January 22, 2010

What a Blessing...

Last week, Todd and I were out cleaning out the garage (a project that was WAY overdue!), and some guys came by to ask if they could trim our big palm trees out front. There have been several guys come to the door and ask if they could trim them for us--but we have been too cheap to get it done. Some of the people wanted up to $100 per tree. Anyway, we have been putting it off, and the guys offered to trim them for $35 per tree. I told Todd that I thought it was a great deal--and let's get it done! The first three trees went okay--I couldn't believe how fast the guy could climb up and down them--they are TALL trees! Anyway, on the 4th tree, the guy gets almost all the way to the top and moves his belt up to go higher, and a huge part of the trunk of the tree breaks away on him. Luckily it didn't break all the way through--but the other guy came and got us so we could see THIS:



Holy CRAP! It was barely hanging on! He just kept ripping away dead chunks of tree--it was rotted all the way through. I kept telling him to GET DOWN--I didn't want to pay his medical bills when the tree gave out & he fell (yes, of course I was concerned about his welfare as well, and not just the money) =) Anyway, he did make it down safely, and they were able to come back and take the tree down the next morning (for $200 more dollars!). I feel so blessed because this week there have been huge rainstorms, and wind gusts that would've surely sent that big huge palm tree crashing down through our house! I am so grateful that we were prompted to finally have those trees trimmed and we avoided that giant MESS--not to mention that no one was hurt! It is further proof to me that nothing happens by accident! What a blessing!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...