Thursday, October 1, 2009

Common Sense...


I have been reading Glenn Beck's book, "Common Sense" this week, and I find it really refreshing to know that there is someone out there who can articulate what many of us have been feeling for years now when it comes to politics. Even during the Bush years, and especially during the Clinton years, it was so frusterating to watch the political process, and become more aware of what was going on in our government. I see political corruption on both sides of the aisle--and it's just hard to know who to trust anymore. I think politicians are all in it for their own gain, and it makes me sick to see the greed that is at the heart of politics. The more I know, and the more I learn, the more I realize that there is something very, very, very, wicked at the heart of our government--greed and corruption. If good people do not speak out about it, and fight for our freedoms and liberties...the country that we know and love will be unrecognizable in the years to come.

This book addresses all of this and more. You will be amazed at his insight, and inspired by his solution. You will also be amazed to read Thomas Paine's writings, and how similar the problems of their day were to ours. Our founding fathers were amazing men, men with vision, and courage. I will admit--Glenn Beck is one crazy guy. You never know when he is going to break down in tears, or start yelling at someone on the radio or TV--but that's what I love about him. He is certainly passionate about his cause--and I think his cause should be all of our cause...making this country great. The way it was supposed to be. Just an excerpt from the beginning of his book:

"If you believe that it's time to put principles above parties, character above campaign promises, and Common Sense above all--then I ask you to read this book, declare yourself a creative extremist, and then pass these words along to others who may agreee with something else that Martin Luther King Jr. once said:
'The hottest place in Hell is reserved for those who remain neutral in times of great moral conflict.'
Do not remain neutral. Do not sit idly by. Do not let others speak for you. Silence has gotten us nowhere so it's once again time for our collective voice to make a simple yet powerful demand...
Don't tread on me."

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...