Friday, June 26, 2009

Home...

Once again, our vacation is over, and it's time to go home. It's strange right now, the word home feels different. We are going back to our house...but I'm not sure it feels quite like home just yet. We have called many places home over the years, Todd and I don't stay in a house for long, it seems. We have had many houses along the way, in several different places, but I have learned that it takes awhile before a new house becomes a home. A home is familiar, you can find your way around in the dark, because you know every nook and cranny. A home is comfortable, you have your favorite chair, or your favorite corner to sit and read, or blog. A home is safe, because you know your neighbors, and you have friends who are looking out for you. A home is fun, you have friends over, and it is always bustling with activity and laughter. A home is a haven, a shelter from the outside world, someplace you feel comfortable, someplace you feel...well, you feel "at home"! I'm sure that in time, this house will be a wonderful home, when all the work is done, and life returns to some sort of normalcy--if that is even possible with all these crazy kids! I know this ward will be great--I have loved every ward I have been in. I know that the kids and I will make new friends, and see old ones as well from time to time. I know that this is where the Lord wants us to be at this time--even if we don't know exactly why yet. And I know that the most important element of a home--the love of a family--is still there, and as long as we have that we will be okay. Man, I love you guys! But for now, I feel like I am just returning to our house--and part of me really misses our home.

2 comments:

Kathy @ Real Mom, Real Life said...

Thanks for this Tami. This really strikes close to my heart right now.

kbhull said...

hope is becomes a home very soon!! that is an amazing picture!!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...