Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Small Victories...

Even though McCain/Palin went down in flames tonight--I count Prop. 102 as our small victory! I am hopeful that Prop. 8 will pass in CA as well. It would be a small victory for families everywhere! Although I'm sad and a bit afraid at a Pres. Elect Obama, (and terrified of Harry Reid and Nancy Pelosi having free rein in congress), I am still proud to be an American. I even felt proud as I listened to Obama's acceptance speech, and saw thousands of African Americans in tears--this is a great day for them, and it proves that in America, anything is possible. Someone like Barack Obama can rise up from the depths of poverty to become the leader of the free world. I don't agree with his politics, but that is the American dream--and for that, I congratulate him.

3 comments:

Erin said...

Well said.

Bobs said...

Totally agree with ya!

Ashley said...

I totally agree with you as well...couldn't have said it better!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...