Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Courage...

My friend Kathy wrote a great post today, which I will link to HERE since she captured all of my thoughts and feelings on her post. I was feeling angry about what happened at our school, and feeling very frustrated about how it seems that increasingly in our world good is made out to be evil and evil made to be good. I know it talks about this in the scriptures, but it is just incredible to me that this issue has caused so much turmoil. How has it come to this? I was pondering this situation tonight, as I am having such a hard time sleeping lately--(just need this election to be over with)--and I found this talk on lds.org by Richard G. Scott. Tonight it was just what I needed to hear. We can be happy, even when wickedness surrounds us. We do need to be positive, even when all around us is not. If we are faithful, if we are obedient, we will be blessed, and we have no need to fear. But the time is coming that we will be challenged, and we will have to stand up for what we believe. Are we ready? Will I have the courage to stand up for my beliefs? Will our children have the courage? Are we preparing them? I will also be stepping out of my comfort zone tomorrow, to go and stand at the polling place with my Prop. 102 sign. I figure I need to put my money where my mouth is. This issue is more than just 20 words--we are standing up for the traditional family as we know it. Satan is in a full fledged war on our families, and we can not let him win. If nothing else--we must fight the good fight. I'll say it again--if we don't fight--who will?
How to Live Well Amid Increasing Evil--By Richard G. Scott

1 comment:

Kathy P said...

I love this talk... we are really going to see some changes in our country. Thanks for the shout out. We definately have to stand strong together.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...